- Storm Water 101 (PDF) - What is storm water, when is it a problem and what are the effects of storm water runoff in our Watershed?
- Identify Illegal Dumping (PDF) - What to look for when identifying illegal dumping.
- Storm Water Spread It Out Sink It In (PDF) - Ways to slow it down, spread it out, and sink it in.
- Rain Garden Manual for Homeowners (PDF) - Protecting our water, one yard at a time
- Green Lawns Clean Water (PDF) - Healthy and environmentally friendly ways to care for your lawn and watershed.
- Eco-Friendly and Safe Salting Practices (PDF) - Educating the public on our impact on Lake Erie.
- The Amazing Shrinking Lawn (PDF) - A healthy water educational brochure.
- Lake Erie Starts Here Brochure (PDF) - Helpful tips on how you can protect Lake Erie with this money saving environmentally friendly advice.
- Illegal Dumping Fact sheet (PDF) - Dumping anything other than water down the storm drain or in the creek isn't just a bad idea- it's illegal.
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiative sheet (PDF) - Conservation practices installed through GLRI improve and protect the waters of the Great Lakes Basin for the benefit of residents and citizens of the United States and Canada.
- After the Storm Brochure (PDF) - When it rains, it drains.
- Wetland Brochure (PDF) - There are many things that you and your community can do to keep your watershed healthy and productive.
- Partnerships: Land Use Planning and Storm Water Management (PDF) - At the Annual Meeting, District members had an opportunity to learn how good land use planning and zoning can make managing storm water easier at the local level. For more information contact the District at 440-328-2322 or Valerie Croasmun of Msconsultants, Inc. via email.
- Lorain County Erosion and Sediment Control Presentation (PDF) - On January 28, 2016 the Lorain County Storm Water Management District held a training to help contractors comply with Erosion and Sediment Control Rules within the unincorporated areas of the County. The presentation was provided by Caroline Cicerchi of the Lorain County Soil and Water Conservation District.
- U.S. EPA - "Do's & Don'ts": How to Dispose of Medicines Properly (PDF) - To dispose of prescription and over-the-counter drugs, call your City or County government’s household trash and recycling service and ask if a Prescription/Drug Take-Back Program is available in your community.
- Homeowners Solution to Stormwater Pollution (PDF) - By practicing healthy household habits, homeowners can keep pollutants like pesticides, pet wastes, grass clippings and automotive fluids off the ground and out of storm water.
- Pollution Prevention for the Home (PDF) - Unlike pollution from sewage treatment plants, storm water pollution comes from many different sources. Storm water runoff can dissolve, pick up and transport many types of household products that cause this pollution. Automotive waste, lawn chemicals, paints and eroded soil are all pollutants.
- Video: Stormwater Pollution Solutions - Conservation Education Specialist, Amy Roskilly talks all about storm water pollution and just how easy it is to help prevent the pollution from home.
- Video: Prevent Pollution When Fertilizing - WKYC (Channel 3) Morning Meteorologist, Hollie Strano discusses how whether you're a farmer or urban homeowner, you can play a part in protecting water quality for Ohio's tomorrow
- U.S. EPA's NPDES Training Courses and Workshops - The NPDES Permitting program offers training courses, workshops, and webcasts to explain the regulatory framework and technical considerations of the NPDES Permit program. These courses are designed for permit writers, dischargers, EPA officials, and other interested parties
- US Army Corps of Engineers - Presentation at Lorain County Storm Water 3rd Annual Meeting (PDF) - Updates on Nation Wide Permitting and USACE Responsibilities.