Lorain County Emergency 9-1-1
Check-in Here on Facebook
322 N. Gateway Blvd.
Elyria, OH 44035
Ph: (440) 329-5444
Fx: (440) 323-2818
226 Middle Ave.
Elyria, OH 44035
Lorain County 9-1-1 provides 24 hour emergency dispatching services for Police, Fire and EMS services. The mission of Lorain County 9-1-1 is to serve the citizens of Lorain County by handling all 9-1-1 calls and other calls for service by contacting the necessary emergency services in a prompt, courteous, and correct manner.
We respond quickly and efficiently to all emergencies, thereby saving lives, protecting property, stopping crimes and preventing major fire loss; while working in conjunction with all other emergency services providers throughout Lorain County.
Topics of Interest
- Your Lorain County 9-1-1 dispatchers are as good as GOLD! (Learn More)
- Wireless service & Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP). (Learn More)
Public Speaking Opportunities
- Receive all 9-1-1 calls placed in Lorain County, including; wireless, landline, payphone, business and TTY.
- Dispatch Police, Fire and EMS Services. Offer Emergency Medical instructions to assist the caller prior to the arrival of ambulance services.
- 24 Hour Contact Point for various services; including; Lorain County Technical Rescue / Hazmat Teams, US Coast Gaurd and Poison Control.
- Contact with Language Services offering translation for over 120 languages.
Public Speaking is now available upon request. For more information, please call (440) 329-5444, fax (440) 323-2818, or simply send us an email. Operation hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Applications for employment are accepted at the Lorain County Personnel Department on the 4th Floor of the Lorain County Administration Building, 226 Middle Ave., Elyria, OH 44035. For more information about working for the County, please see our page about County Jobs.
Tips for Kids
Gold Star Award
• Animal Control
• Commissioner Pages
• Lorain County Transit
• Board Appointment
• Commissioner News
• Passport Services
• County Jobs
• Photo Contest