Please understand that the Clerk's office is prohibited by law to give any legal advice. If you do not have a family attorney, you should contact the Lorain County Bar Association or the telephone directory for any attorney referral. Call the Legal Aid Society of Lorain County to see if you qualify for their service.
2. Can I file my documents over the internet?
No. Electronic filing is not available at this time.
3. I'm looking for a certain case and it is not showing up, can you please tell me why?
There may be several reasons. First, try conducting your search online with variations in the spelling of the name. For example, “James Smith” may be indexed as “Jim Smith.” Second, our online case dockets start from October of 1987. Case information prior to that date is not available online. These records are available in our office from 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday, in our Records Department.
4. I would like a marriage license and copy of my will.
Justice Center 6th Floor 225 Court Street Elyria, OH 44035 440-329-5295
5. Can you tell me if you have any case on a particular person?
You may search the index yourself for cases filed here since October, 1987.
6. Several years ago, a judgment was rendered against me. I have paid that judgment in full, so why does it still show up in your files?
The fact that the case was filed, a judgment was rendered, and the judgment was satisfied remains part of the public record. Our office has no authority to remove any cases from the public record absent a law or court order to the contrary.