Lorain County Community Development
Stepping-Up For Lorain County Residents & Businesses
Check-in Here on Facebook
226 Middle Ave., 5th Floor
Elyria, Ohio 44035
Ph: (440) 328-2322
Fx: (440) 328-2349
As the community and economic development representative for the Lorain County Board of Commissioners, Community Development offers programs and services in Planning, Zoning, Housing, Community & Economic Development.
Our mission is to serve Lorain County residents through community development initiatives by striving to improve the quality of life; to foster smart growth; to promote economic vitality; to encourage development and redevelopment and to provide tools to community leaders for management and for making policy decisions.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Black River Watershed
Lorain County, Ohio has been awarded a Watershed Coordinator Grant that will allow for the development of a Watershed Action Plan for the West Branch Black River and French Creek.
• Black River Watershed Action Plan (2011)
Brownfield Coalition - Funds available County-wide.
• RFQ/RFP - Professional Environmental Services to Support Implementing Hazardous Substances Assessment & Petroleum Assessment Grants
Business Services - Delivered in Collaboration with the Lorain County Growth Partnership (LCGP)
• Small Business Assistance
• Customized Solutions
• Site Location
• Haman Capital
• Strategic Captiol
• Community Development Block Grants
> Formula (CDBG)
• Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP)
• Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
> Reports: 1st QPR, 2nd QPR, 3rd QPR, 4th QRP,
5th QRP, 6th QRP, 7th QRP, 8th QRP, 9th QRP,
10th QRP, 11th QRP, 12th QRP, 13th QRP
> Elyria City Properties: 871 Oak St., 147 Taft Ave.,
1276 East Ave. (Reduced).
> For details, visit the City of Elyria's NSP Page.
• Revolving Loan Fund & Associated Funding
• Recycling Revolving Loan Fund
> Application, Req. Docs., Req. Attachments
• Deal Packaging (Access to Alternative Financing)
> Federal, State & Local Programs/Incentive
> U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
> Community Dev. Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI)
> Non-Bank Lenders
> Foundation Support
> Blackstone Launchpad at LCCC
• Tax Inrement Financing (TIF)
• Enterprise Zone Tax Abatements
• Community Development Block Grants (CDBG)
> Economic Development (CDBG-ED)
> 2-20-13: Public Hearing for Small Cities Program
• Community Economic Development Strategy (CEDS)
• Foreign Trade Zone
• Small Business Development Center
NEW! Land Reutilization Corporation
• Code of Regulations
• Draft Agreement & Plan
• Board Opening & Appointment Information
• Abatement & Demolition Agreement
• Abatement & Demolition Technical Specifications
• Abatement & Demolition Proposal Form
• LCPA Contractor Pre-Qualification Form
• Demolitions: More info. coming soon.
• Major Subdivisions
• Minor Subdivisions (Lot Splits)
• Floodplain Management
• Black River Watershed Project
LORAIN COUNTY GROWTH PARTNERS
County Port Authority
The Lorain County Port Authority promotes economic development by assisting private industries initiatives; by encouraging development and redevelopment; and by promoting investment in business, industrial and transportation projects.
Stormwater Management District
The Lorain County Stormwater Management District strives to enhance the quality of life in Lorain County by utilizing a watershed approach to meet and maintain the water quality permit requirements of the U.S. EPA, and responsibly address drainage and floodplain management within available resources.