Accessibility Guidelines for LorainCounty.Us
The Lorain County Commissioners' Official Website
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- All fonts used are designed to be legible, and easy to read on screen or in printed form for all users. We have tried to make the use of these fonts consistent throughout the entire site.
- We use live text instead of graphics when possible, to reduce the download time of pages and provide more user control. This feature also allows users to view our web-based data through cell phones and PDAs.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- Our pages are designed to display without horizontal scrollbars when they are viewed at a screen resolution of 800 x 600 pixels.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
- We have tried to comply with Section 508 standards for website accessibility.
- If you have difficulty accessing the site please Contact Us, or send us your Feedback regarding how we can improve our site.
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Our site can be viewed using any web broswer, but it is best viewed using the lastest version of Google Chrome. PDFs and PDF packages should be viewed using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox.
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools. Click on the links below to discover the advantages of using each broswer.
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website. To download this program for free, visit Adobe's website online. To read PDF documents with a screen reader, refer to Access Adobe, which provides useful tools and resources.