Director of Solid Waste Management District
Mr. Bailey was hired by the Lorain County Commissioners on June 1, 2010 to replace Daniel Billman, who retired on July 30, 2010.
Keith brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from his prior job as the Director of the Delaware Knox Marion Morrow Solid Waste Management District of Ohio. He was employed there from December 1994 until December 2009 and his duties included:
Keith also met with Public groups and Political subdivisions to develop solutions for Solid Waste Management. He attended seminars and conferences to enhance knowledge of the job and maintained communications and participation with all trade associations.
- Implementing of the District Plan
- Working with Program Managers and Education Specialist on awareness and education issues
- Monitoring and managing the District budget
- Preparing all reports required by the Ohio EPA
Prior to that Keith was employed for thirteen years by Anheuser-Busch Recycling, Inc. The last position he held was Maintenance Coordinator of the Marion, Ohio plant. Those job duties included all contracting and purchasing of all outside services and materials for the plant. Also the maintenance and repair of all are recycling equipment in the field for the States of Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky and West Virginia.
- Associate Degree from Clark State Community College in Business Operations
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Business Administration from Ashland University
- Masters of Business Administration from Ashland University
- Former President of Organization of Solid Waste Districts of Ohio
- Former President of the Buckeye Chapter Solid Waste Association of North America
- Board of Trustees of Organic Recyclers Association of Ohio
- Member of Association of Ohio Recyclers
- Member Ohio Association of Litter Prevention and Recycling Professionals
Keith and his wife Chim have two children; Ann who resides in Toledo, Ohio and Matt who resides in Marion, Ohio. They have one grandson named Maddox. Keith and Chim enjoy foreign travel and also own part of a home in Bangkok, Thailand.
- SWANA Certified Professional Manager Recycling Systems Manager #23356
- SWANA Certified Professional Manager Construction and Demolition Landfill #23356
- The Ohio State University Certified Compost Facility Operator
Reports & Publications
Contact the District
ReTrac Community Reporting
• Animal Control
• Commissioner Pages
• Lorain County Transit
• Board Appointment
• Commissioner News
• Passport Services
• County Jobs
• Photo Contest