Check-in Here on Facebook
301 Hadaway Ct.
Elyria, Ohio 44035
Ph: (440) 326-5995
Fx: (440) 326-5999
*For information about animals besides dogs, please see the webpage for Nuisance Animal Control.
The Dog Kennel is the county facility for temporarily housing stray and unwanted dogs. We are a self-funded entity, so no local dollars from the general fund are used in the operation.
If a dog is adopted from our facility, we offer a free "mandatory" spay or neuter of your dog. This motion is supported by the Lorain County Commissioners, in an effort to control the pet population. Details of this service will be explained by our staff at the time of adoption.
Please Sign Up for Doggie Alerts to receive information about recent captures, which include the area and physical attributes of dogs. If you would like to recieve these notices via email, simply Subscribe to Updates.
To instantly view a list of dogs that are currently available at the kennel, please see Dogs to Adopt.
Hours Open to the Public
Closed Sundays, Mondays & Legal Holidays
Tuesday 10 - 6:00 pm
Wednesday 10 - 6:00 pm
Thursday 10 - 4:30 pm
Friday 10 - 4:30 pm
Saturday 10 - 4:30 pm
* If someone at the Dog Kennel cannot be reached in the event of an emergency, please contact the Lorain County Sheriff's Office at (440) 329-3709, or email email@example.com.
The Lorain County Dog Kennel's mission is to serve the citizens of Lorain County in the seizure of stray and at large dogs. Dog Kennel employees are committed to meet or to exceed the expectations of the Lorain County Board of Commissioners and the Lorain County Administrator in the areas of service, performance and professionalism.
We are committed to continuously improving our relationship with the public, the skills of our employees and providing a safe and rewarding work environment.
- Provide exceptional service and performance to exceed our citizen's expectations.
- Foster an atmosphere of improvement and problem prevention.
- Provide education and training to all employees to support their health, welfare and safety as a top priority.
- Comply with all applicable local and state laws concerning the moral and humane treatment of animals.
- Although not required in the Ohio Revised Code, will work with pet adoption agencies in the placement of seized and stray dogs.
- Communicate our mission and objectives to all employees.
- Provide an environment that supports teamwork.
Dogs to Adopt
Controlling Your Dog
Immunizing Your Dog
Licensing Your Dog
Spay & Neuter Program
After Hrs. & Wkd. Rdmp.
Volunteer at the Kennel
Make a Donation
Directions to the Kennel
Comments & Complaints
• Animal Control
• Commissioner Pages
• Lorain County Transit
• Board Appointment
• Commissioner News
• Passport Services
• County Jobs
• Photo Contest