Lorain County Community Development
Check-in Here on Facebook
226 Middle Ave., 5th Floor
Elyria, Ohio 44035
Ph: (440) 328-2322
Fx: (440) 328-2349
As the community and economic development representative for the Lorain County Board of Commissioners, Community Development offers programs and services in Planning, Zoning, Housing, Community & Economic Development.
Our mission is to serve Lorain County residents through community development initiatives by striving to improve the quality of life; to foster smart growth; to promote economic vitality; to encourage development and redevelopment and to provide tools to community leaders for management and for making policy decisions.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Black River Watershed
Lorain County, Ohio has been awarded a Watershed Coordinator Grant that will allow for the development of a Watershed Action Plan for the West Branch Black River and French Creek.
• Black River Watershed Action Plan (2011)
• Community Development Block Grants
> Formula (CDBG)
• Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP)
• Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
> Reports: 1st QPR, 2nd QPR, 3rd QPR, 4th QRP,
5th QRP, 6th QRP
> Elyria City Properties: 871 Oak St., 147 Taft Ave.,
1276 East Ave. (Reduced).
> For details, visit the City of Elyria's NSP Page.
• Revolving Loan Fund
• Enterprise Zones
• Community Development Block Grants (CDBG)
> Economic Development (CDBG-ED)
> 2-20-13: Public Hearing for Small Cities Program
• Community Economic Development Strategy (CEDS)
• Foreign Trade Zone
• Small Business Development Center
NEW! Land Revitalization Corporation
• Code of Regulations
• Draft Agreement & Plan
• Board Opening & Appointment Information
• Abatement & Demolition Agreement
• Abatement & Demolition Technical Specifications
• Abatement & Demolition Proposal Form
• LCPA Contractor Pre-Qualification Form
• Major Subdivisions
• Minor Subdivisions (Lot Splits)
• Floodplain Management
• Black River Watershed Project
The Port Authority promotes economic development by assisting private industries initiatives; by encouraging development and redevelopment; and by promoting investment in business, industrial and transportation projects.